Another Day, Another Museum


Advertisement
Published: October 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today was a trip to the Space Museum with a planetarium show. Kids were excited because they’d never seen a planetarium show.

The show today was on the nursery where stars are born. As we were watching this amazing show, it was very quiet. All of a sudden Emilio said “Oh Wow” over something shown. People in the audience laughed. It was cute, but then he is our grandson so why wouldn’t we think that.

The space museum is not as large as the Science World, but it has things that trigger interest. A replica space suit that kids can stand behind and pose in, replica space boot prints that kids can stand in and a machine to give a little perspective on weightlessness. There is an asteroid that people can try to lift and a moon rock to touch.

A science student from the local college was on hand to answer questions. Fortunately, we were some of the only people there at that time. Zaya and Fynn sat down at the table across from the student and peppered him with questions. They discussed everything from black holes to stars and space travel. We were surprised, however, that Zoey was telling people facts for a while after our visit.

When we had to leave, we thanked the student for spending so much time with the kids. He then thanked us because, he said, that most kids don’t ask questions and he loves to discuss space.

The following day was Zoey and Fynn’s last day with us. Dale would drive them back into the US on Saturday morning. We let Zoey buy ice cream bars for the kids, they ate smores for dinner, and they got to swim as long as they wanted. We did laundry and cleaned up the RV as it was quite messy by then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb