2 Days in Victoria


Advertisement
Published: October 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

I have become negligent in my blogging so now must catch up.

A few years ago we took Zaya for tea at the Banff Springs Hotel. She loved it so much that we thought it might be fun to have high-tea in Victoria with the 4 grandkids. We love Victoria anyway, so it seemed a good fit.

We really wanted to have tea in the Empress, as that is probably the equivalent to the Banff Springs. Alas, there were no reservations available and we were forced to look elsewhere for our high-tea. We found several recommended in Google so, Sunday afternoon, we started out, kids dressed in their camping finest.

We went to the highest recommended but it was closed, as was the 2nd. Finally, we found a tea house, in Chinatown, that was open and ready for the 6 of us. Kids didn’t know that there was any place better, they were completely impressed with their china teacups and tiered trays of little sandwiches and desserts. They thought that this was a buffet of food.

The following day we went to the Royal Museum where downstairs the exhibit of the Mayas was most interactive. Small samples
Royal MuseumRoyal MuseumRoyal Museum

In the Submarine
were made to match the original and had signs saying “please touch”. Kids would touch and look at the originals with a new understanding.

Upstairs, the kids thoroughly enjoyed the natural history area, fascinated with a mastodon, seals and other animals before their eyes. They panned for gold, and with the help of a docent, found a gold nugget! https://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/visit/exhibitions/modern-history-gallery

The Grand Hotel was visited over and over, with plans of where to stay and where to shop. They wanted to get on the train but it wouldn’t stop, so we spent lots of time there while they tried to buy tickets in their imagination. We spent the entire day at the museum, many times going over the same exhibits, they couldn’t get enough.

To finish off the day, kids discovered their beloved Maple Syrup lollipops at the museum gift shop.

The Royal Museum is a must-see for anyone visiting Victoria!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.438s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0971s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb