Day 4 - Training day


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Penticton
November 30th 2009
Published: December 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday mornings are never the greatest I'm sure you'll all agree with that but when your woken up at 7.30 freezing cold and have had one of the worst nights sleep for the second night in a row its difficult to smile! Half an hour later and the three of us were walking to our days training and orientation. We purposely left early as we wanted to scope out some new accomodation as we all wanted to move out of the staff accomodation which Jack had described as "a cold version of hell". Within about 2 minutes of having a look round we all decided that we wanted to move in as soon as possible. We then headed to our training session and met some fellow instructors, lifties and other guys who are working elsewhere on the hill! Ted wasn't as bad as his organisational skills pre-season had seemed and the hill has 3 weeks more snow on it than in previous years so it seems like it is going to be one hell of a season!

After lunch we then joined the rest of the ski and snowboard instructors and had a little chat about how things work at the snow school before being shown how to set up some skis from the rental shop which much to Jack and I's amusement took Dan a while to understand what was happening (Dan is a boarder). Then the best moment of the day was when we received our red instructor jackets for the season which despite smelling a little bit felt good to put on! We then had the issue of getting our stuff down from the staff accomodation to the hostel which is right next to work and the pub! Ideal location if you ask me! We managed to blag a truck to take our stuff down to the hostel after what seemed like the quickest packing session ever seen to man, in other words we couldn't wait to get out of there! I was then told there wasnt enough room in the front with everyone else so i was put in the boot with all the baggage, joy of joys! We didn't really do much tonight as we were all still tired from the previous nights lack of sleep! Not sure what the plans are for the next few days as we aren't allowed to go up on the hill! Plan is on Wednesday to head down to Penticton with Ted to sort out some bank stuff and get some more food!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb