Dragonflies - more like 'shaggin'flies


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

August long weekend holidays rolled around and we still had no jobs so we packed our sleeping bags and tents in the car and headed with Tina, Scott, Chad and Kelly to Fairmont Springs which is west of Calgary in British Columbia.

In the end we were lucky to find a campsite as a lot of people had decided to spend the long weekend camping. I was stoked with the spot we got though. It was surrounded by a horseshoe shaped pond. We pitched tents before lazing around the fire. Eating, drinking and being merry occurred. Not even a downpour and mosquitos dampened the spirits.

The campsite was close to a river so the next morning we blew up the inflatable rafts, grabbed a few brews and sat back as we floated through the valley. Nic and I spotted a snake soaking up the sun on the rocks next to the river. Thankfully it wasn't in the river or I would have been dubious about swimming.

Plenty more barbecuing, rafting and relaxing occurred over the next few days. We also visited a couple of lakes and a hot spring. One of the lakes I remember had copious amounts of drangonflies having "relations" absolutely everywhere. I'm not sure if the female enjoys it as it looks like she is taking it in the back of her head.



Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb