4 Weeks to Wedding Day. Bears At Last!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kamloops
August 19th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 121 (Wednesday 19/08/09, JRJ)
Left camp just before 9am and drove straight to the River Safari launch again for our free return trip. Again there was no sign of bears along the shore of Mud Lake so took a trip up Mud River but still no bears! Went back to the lake and stopped at the waterfalls again. While at the waterfalls a call came through on the radio that a bear had been spotted, so we raced off to the oposite side of the lake to see the large female black bear. It was amazing to see her in the wild and not long after we saw another walking along the shore towards the first bear. The guide thought there may be a clash, but they just managed to avoid each other before we had to head back to base. After the amazing boat trip we drove to Eleanor Lake, had a snack and walked along the rail tracks to a spot where we heard there were salmon spawning. We wern't dissapointed! We saw loads of sock-eye salmon splashing about in the shallow river, but sadly saw no bears scooping them up for their lunch. Left Blue River at about 12:50 and drove to Kamloops where we had a spot of lunch at Tim Hortons (a Canadian must do according to Laura). Continued to Steelhead Provincial Park where we enjoyed the sun for a while and cooked some pasta. Shower then sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb