We Did It! The Pacific Coast


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Hope
May 16th 2014
Published: May 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have now accomplished one goal of our trip: to have travelled from the easternmost point of Canada to the western most point. And so from Cape Spear, NFLD (not far from where my son lives) to the Pacific Ocean (technically the western point is in the Yukon, but that would be one too many forks in the road. Speaking of Forks, it is directly west from where we are for you Twilight Fans.



This wonderful country of ours is vast and changes from province to province. It is not easy to say which area is the best in terms of scenery, culture, attractions because it is all so different. I am feeling very proud to be a Canadian; it is almost a spiritual feeling as you travel across the many places and see the diversity in people.



The past few days have been incredible as we travelled through the Rockies. As you can see from my pictures, the mountains are all snow capped and depending where you go, there are still mounds of snow everywhere. If I were younger, I would take advantage of the heli skiing, white water rafting and the beautiful hiking
DSCF0367DSCF0367DSCF0367

prairie dog town
paths. Oh well............



We visited Vancouver yesterday, essentially just to say “we were there”. Both of us have much more interest in the out of way places and so today when we leave, after visiting Seattle (Space Needle) and Mount St. Helens, we are heading to the Pacific Coast Highway to travel south to San Francisco.



You need so much time to see everything as the National Parks are everywhere and well worth visiting. Washington state is as I expected, green, lush and the landscape is filled with evergreens, flowering bushes, wild flowers, etc. Even the drive on the main highway 5, is worth the view.



The pictures I have posted will give you an idea of where we stopped: from the Enchanted Forest in BC to the picnics along the many lakes. (still eating cheese from Wisconsin). At one stop, I wanted to take some pictures and so my dear husband said "climb up that small hill, you will get a better view" and so I did. To my surprise, there were little creatures, scurrying around and popping up and down in holes...........yes, it was a prairie dog town and these nasty little rodents bite..............Till next time....


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

DSCF0409DSCF0409
DSCF0409

for my granddaughter who needs her front teeth!


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb