Day 7 - Pow Day!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Fernie
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi, Last night it snowed 30cms so today has been our first big powder day or Pow day as they say here. Yesterday was Australia day and there was a bit of a party on the hill. Lots of people in costume on the slopes and the cardboard derby which was pretty funny to watch. Had a yummy Amarula hot chocolate at the end of the day in the Griz bar and then went for dinner with a bunch of guys to "Edge of the World", our local board shop cum mexican restaurant cum skateboard park!

We played connect 4 as we had our dinner and then went to play in the skate park after. I wasn't to good on the skateboards but I found a sled and that went pretty well down the ramps. When we left it was snowing hard, the first fresh snow we'd seen since we got here.

So, today we were all up early and hit the slopes at 8:30am. The powder is a bit sticky and some of the runs were quite cut up and mogully but it was still powder and was great fun. After about 3 runs our thighs were caining from the effort to turn and we all stopped for an early lunch at 10:30! Spent the afternoon with another couple who have been here 3 weeks already and they showed us some great trails, jumps and paths. The powder was so great that black diamond runs seemed a walk in the park and we managed some good air (even better than what Ali-ham gets; JC: you would have been proud!)

Called it a day at about 3.30pm still smiling but feeling positively tired. Nonstop P Party (pizza, pop and pool) tonight where we head over to the Aquatic Centre for hot tubs and water slides!

Did i mention that we have over 10 weeks of this still...

Sare 'n' Ads


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb