72 centimetres in 48 hours... and its still falling


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Fernie
January 30th 2008
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

As you can see from the title the powder has arrived and it just keeps coming. We have a new instructor this week, Glenn. And with 2 Adams in my class there are plenty of opporutunities for talking about Adam and Glen, as if I was at home. Glenn has a different teaching style to Jay which basically involves finding sheer cliffs covered in powder and shooting down them at speed. This results in a whiter, wetter looking Sarah and Adam and a lot of laughs in the group. I have made close aquaintance with a tree today and disappeared in a puff of smoke (well snow really) as the snow has been knee or thigh deep so when you fall you are gone.

Despite this slightly more "Let's ride!" version of teaching, we are definitely all improving our powder runs and our speed on steep terrain. It isn't getting any warmer and with temperatures ranging in the minus thirties we are all on frostbite patrol. My nose has gone a little white a couple of times but nothing much, Ads has a small patch on his cheek and so has bought a Hanniabal Lecter mask to protect it, but one guy in another class had a black toe by the end of yesterday, rather worrying.

No tales to tell of the nightlife as since we've been riding solid for 6+ days the evenings consist of hot tub, tea, then bed.

Drop us a message on here to let us know how life is back home,

Sarah


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb