Day 92 Shuswap


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Chase
July 18th 2018
Published: July 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I rose late this morning at 7 and lazed around until I took my first paddle stroke at 9 as I couldn’t resist the lake’s glass like invitation and the surrounding mountains whispering, “Come see us close up.” The lake and the mountains fulfilled their promise of beauty and silence which was broken by a thumping thunder with me wondering, “Where the hell is that coming from?” Looking up at the mountains I saw a huge freight train about 80m up on a railway line cut into the side slope of the mountain. Two huge engines were pulling and eventually I saw the rear of the line of wagons where another engine was pushing as the train thundered its way up a 10 degree slope. Beautiful to watch such power. Then, silence. Returned by 10.30 to see that all were up and Wayne had returned from Pickleball.

A brief breakfast to refuel and then it was off to “pitch and putt” on the most magnificent 9 hole course one could imagine at the 5 acre tree covered Cedar Heights. Each hole had its unique view either deep into the forest or over Shuswap Lake or glimpses of the lake coupled
with high and low tee shots. We played as an international round and sad to say that yours truly let the Aussie pairing down … again as we went down 73-80. Lori was far the best player and considering her husband plays golf in his sleep he wouldn’t go wrong seeking her advice on his golf play. Me? No hope. Closed case.

Lunch was thoroughly enjoyed by all with no thanks to yours truly as the 3 maestro chefs prepared a luscious meal which we ate on the balcony over-looking the lake with the occasional boat towing a skier going past.

Post lunch it was a game of table tennis for the 2 males and an afternoon nap for the females. Is it politically correct to use those descriptors, male and female? As the noise was too much we settled on 3 sets, turned the music off and relaxed too. The temperature was in the low 30’s so being inside was appropriate.

A visit from Wayne’s brother and his wife in the late afternoon was welcomed and fun too.

We are now three quarters of the way through our 'holiday'.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement










Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb