11th Week in Canada


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Adam's Blog:

(We'll be jumping on our cruise ship soon so may not get a chance to update 11th week highlights later, so here goes now - without photos):

We checked out of our hotel in Jasper Sunday morning early as with a 4 hour drive ahead it was going to be a busy day... The family finally realised my need to be at Bridge Lake by midday because as soon as we got there I turned the tv on to fina Australia were down 0-4 with 10 minutes to go against Germany....not happy....oohh well...Our highlight of the drive was eeing another black bear and elk on the road side. The drive down out of the Rockies was a constant roller coaster through valleys around lakes. We said goodbye to the snow capped mountains and found our way into the midland region of BC called the Cariboo - a fishing and camping haven and a very quiet spot. We had a log cabin as part of our exchange with Dave & Shari from Vancouver and being our last exchange felt like we had done the full circle.

A quiet couple of days kept us rested - we played baseball and soccer in the yard, Ad went for a kayak on the lake and we did a final check stop of everything. We were relieved to hear we would get our $1000 back from the earlier car bingle. We heard on the news that there was a mudslide south of Oliver taking out 10 homes - fortunately no-one injured.

Will add some photos when next online, but as we are now down a laptop, mobile phone and internet finding it not easy to get access...

We left Bridge Lake and the mozzies - they are just starting to ramp up - full on! and headed to Whistler.....we stopped for fuel at Lillooet and came across a bus load of aussies on a scenic tour bus....had a good catchup with them then pressed on.....Just out of there we spotted a Grizzly bear cub on roadside and have some great pictures to show you....all up now we have seen 7 bear, 2 coyote, 2 moose, dozens of elk, big horn sheep and mtn goats - last on the list is the Killer Whale so hope to see thos on the cruise.

We have arrived in Whistler and it is very pretty....so will show you more in future....

take care.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb