Stamps Game


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
August 1st 2009
Published: August 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So my mom and dad are season ticket holders for the Calgary Stampeders who are our Canadian Football team here. Since dad was busy with driving he decided not to go to the game so I got to go to the game with mom. We went down a bit early and went to the tailgate party. It was good but except that this year they seem to have really cracked down on the drinking at the tailgate's.

The Stamps were playing the Saskatchewan Roughriders. It was a really good game. The weather started off great but then quickly turned not so nice. A storm was blowing in and the winds were getting crazy! Debris was flying all over the field. We didn't really get rained on or anything and the storm seems to be drifting by us. We did see some lightning though. This was the same night that someone was killed at the Big Valley Jamboree up in Camrose due to the storm collapsing the main stage. Pretty scary!

Anyways, at half time a bunch of mascots came out and attempted to play a game of soccer haha, it was pretty funny to watch. The stamps were ahead with 2 minutes left in the game but couldn't hang on to the lead and lost by just 1 point. Boooooo. They were supposed to win for me!!

On our way home driving into our neighbourhood we saw a HUGE tree with a HUGE branch broken in half and laying in their front yard. They were lucky that the branch didn't land on their house. Pretty strong winds!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb