Wedding dress, wedding dress, wedding dress..


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
August 15th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 117 (Saturday 15/08/09, NJJ)
Slept OK last night although it seems as though all Canadian campgrounds are very close to train tracks - bloody trains beeping their horns as they're passing. What a fab morning though - I opened the tent to see two wild elk walking behind the tent, beautiful. Drove to Lake Louise. Special K brekkie. The lake was beautiful. Saw the Fairmont Chateau hotel. The Rockies are so majestic. We decided to take what we thought was an easy 3.4km walk to another lake, but we didn't read the sign and it was all uphill - and it was painful, I kept chanting 'wedding dress' to keep going. We did a bit extra and went on up to beautiful Agnes Lake, the teahouse and the waterfall for the spectacular views. The Fairmont Chateau looked small in the distance. Then we had the 4.2 km walk back down to Lake Louise - more pain. Rewarded with Special K lunch in the car. On to Moraine Lake- beautiful. Drove back towards Banff and checked into Johnstons Canyon campsite in Banff N.P. Food in Banff. Jamie watched football in a pub whilst I wandered around the shops.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.7kb