Bermuda


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda » Hamilton
May 20th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bermuda is the place to fall in love. The island is delightful and the people are friendly and always offering a smile or just a happy hello. The beaches are pretty, the shopping is available from high end to inexpensive souvenirs and everything in between, and the sightseeing itself is worth the trip. We chose to take a little touring train to the ferry located in town very close to the ship. From there we transferred for the 20 minute ride on the ferry to the town of Hamilton where we walked around and learned about the history of Bermuda. As we strolled, we stopped for a cup of coffee and enjoyed the new Queens Park which was opened in April of 2012 for the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth.

We chose to take the bus back to the town of St. George as this way we were able to see and enjoy more of the stunning island. In St. George we stopped for a wonderful lunch at the Polaris Restaurant located on a patio by the water. The lunch was enjoyable and reasonably priced. Again, we were able to learn more about the history and the people that live in Bermuda. The ferry ride back tot he Royal Naval Dockyard and the town of King's Warf took about a half hour and brought us right back to town with a short walk to the ship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb