Greece - Day 6


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 9th 2011
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The students slept in a bit today and ate a nice breakfast at 9am. Earlier this morning we were informed that tree planting would not be an option due to the weather conditions at the site. It has been very cold the last two days and with many students ill prepared to handle this sort of weather, there were no complaints from anyone. Instead we spent the remainder of the morning visiting The National Archaeological Museum of Athens. It is the largest archaeological museum in Greece and one of the most important museums in the world. We learned how huge bronze sculptures were created and how the different expressions on the faces gave away whether it was a human or a Greek God. The sheer volume of artifacts in the museum was overwhelming. The students continue to be shocked at how much our tour guide knows about each and every one of them. After the tour we headed to the Hard Rock Café in Athens. Many students were excited about having “real food” (cheeseburgers) for the first time on the trip. After lunch we spent three hours wandering the labyrinth of shop filled streets of Athens looking for souvenirs and t-shirts to take back to Dubai. We got back to the hotel around 4pm where the students had time to relax, visit with their friends and work on their performances for the Greece 2011 Talent Show we held after dinner. All of the acts were fantastic and many laughs were shared by all (see the pictures).


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb