Greece - Day 5


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 8th 2011
Published: March 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Everyone awoke to a peculiar sight this morning as five inches of snow had fallen overnight high in the mountains near the village of Delfi. Due to uncertain road conditions we delayed our departure an hour and a half to let the road works department spread salt and clear snow. The temperature in the morning was a balmy -3 degrees Celsius. The students spent the morning playing board games and some even went swimming. After our unexpected delay we were able to visit the Delfi Museum for an hour and a half in the morning but were unable to walk among the ruins there due to the snow covering everything. After lunch we started the long bus ride back to Athens. The onslaught of winding roads gave some of us a little motion sickness but everyone felt great after a bathroom break. The students worked together on a Greece quiz given by our tour guide. There were 50 questions covering everything from the countries bordering Greece to Greek Gods to when Greece joined NATO. Tonight we are staying back at the Parthenon hotel in Athens. Ms. Aleven, Mrs.Tose and I are in the middle of finding out if the tree planting is still a possibility as the volatile weather conditions here may jeopardize this part of our trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb