Greece - Day 3


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 7th 2011
Published: March 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a long day filled with alot of driving. We set out from the hotel at 7:30am on our way to Olympia. On the way there we crossed the Corinth Canal which separates the Peloponnesian peninsula from the Greek mainland. Is was incredible to see just how deep and narrow this passage way was. We continued on and stopped at the Hellenic theatre of Epidaurus where we learned about the phenomenal acoustical engineering of the past. The students found it astonishing that they could hear someone talking softly all the way at the top of the theatre. After this we visited the ancient citadel of Mycenae where we spent time exploring the ruins of the Mycenaean Acropolis. A short walk from here was the Treasury of Atreus also known as the "Tomb of Agamemnon". The students learned how these massive tombs were engineered after a bees nest and then covered to look like a natural hillside. The students continue to be overwhelmed at the depth of information they are receiving from our tour guide. They wanted me to pass along that they are all doing very well and to say “Greece rocks!”.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb