Greece - Day 2


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 5th 2011
Published: March 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The day started off early with breakfast at 8am. With bellies full we met our tour guide Jamie and headed to the Parthenon. We spent about an hour and a half taking pictures and learning about the incredible history surrounding the breathtaking landmark. After we left the Parthenon we headed to the Parthenon Museum that just opened about a year ago. We were all in awe of how well preserved the artifacts were. We saw an incredible excavation site right below the museum that was easy to see through the glass floors. After the museum we had a delicious lunch among the character filled, maze like streets of Athens. After lunch we were off to the highest point in Athens. We rode a cable car to the top and spent some time just looking out over the vast city. After another 30 minutes of sight seeing on the bus we headed back to the hotel. We are just now cleaning up and getting ready for dinner. Tonight we are getting our bags packed as it will be an early night. We are getting up tomorrow at 6am. Everyone is feeling well and enjoying their trip thus far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb