Dubai World Cup


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Dubai World CupThe Dubai World CupThe Dubai World Cup

Girls at play
Well it was always going to be a day of expensive designer labels, champayne flowing and of course all that comes with the worlds biggest horse race known to the World and "The Dubai World Cup".

It starts with a champayne breakfast by 10am of course whilst the ladies dance around getting ready. Then onto the boys house to push them into their suits whilst cooking the bbq and swigging their beers.....then it was time for our limosine to arrive...in the shape of a very dusty mini van to drive us in airconditioned style to the Nad al sheba race course to see how the middle east races its top horses.
Now the stories are true there is no betting but you buy tickets to bargain and play with and you win prizes for the horse that won.....its different but at the very least it saves you time and money to spend it on more champayne.
I went with a few girls I first met when first I got here to this sandpit I call home.
We were in as you call it at home "general admission "and was set up with several local bars and night clubs complete
The Dubai World CupThe Dubai World CupThe Dubai World Cup

Girls at play
with deck chairs big old umbrellas, bars for leaning on and even bean bags for the really relaxed.
Their was a bubble tent....yes lisa you heard right a bubble tent that sold only the most fancy of champaynes....at surprisingly affordable prices.
We had a huge screen to watch all the races to at least feel apart of it and not soooooo far away from the rich and infamous of Dubai's most elite socialites.
We dined on seafood and sushi and I managed to still dance the night away till the wee hours.
As you can see from the photos we had a great time and hope to make it back next year.
But in saying that The perth cup is by far the place to be when an event like this arrives in town. Ozzies know how to create a party.
The night ended with a stage show with Arabian horses and fire works then it was time for the Dj...to dance the night away.
This year friends of mine came to Dubai to attend this very event and it was great to share it with them although crazy enough we actually didnt run into each other as they were
The Dubai World cupThe Dubai World cupThe Dubai World cup

proof i actually saw a horse race.
invited by emirates to attend the fabulous emirates tent with the Sheikh himself........ so next year all my horse racing fans ill still be here and expect a visit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Dubai World cupThe Dubai World cup
The Dubai World cup

Before it got messy


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb