Wadi You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For?


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
January 2nd 2007
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dam it!Dam it!Dam it!

All you need is the sound of four Rolls Royce Merlin V12s coming down the valley and the scene would be complete.
So, as the lazy expat wife of time pulls up the duvet of destiny, 2006 slid away to reveal 2007. There are plenty of the "best of 2006" lists going round the intraweb, and they all asume that their opinion is the most valid, which since they don't list my opinion, makes them all wrong, although the "Top 10 Lame Excuses As to How This Unfeasably Large Object Got Shoved Up There" are pretty close to my personal choices.

Anyway, we took a ride out to Hatta the other day, with all the rain we've had recently we thought that the wadis would be in full flow and the pools brimming. We were a bit disappointed, the dam was less than 10%!f(MISSING)ull, the trickle down the main Hatta Wadi was less than a foot deep at most, and the pools were totally dry. the only thing in abundance was bottles, boxes, cans, plastic bags and other rubbish just dumped by careless visitors. There was even used oil and air filters that indicated that a vehicle service had been performed there.

By the way, if the photos look a lot better composed and generally more professional, its thanks to
Dam overspillDam overspillDam overspill

It would have to rain dam hard for a dam long time to need this dam overspill. Dam, I wish I was your lover.
a photography manual Shez bought me for Christmas. I don't recall buying her a book called "How To Screw Up Even The Most Simple Recipe" though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SceneryScenery
Scenery

Just a pleasant change from sand.
MountainsMountains
Mountains

If the mountains silhouetted in the background look like a cheap special effect, it's because they are.
LunchLunch
Lunch

Notice the used air filter on the ground.
Honey & BeesHoney & Bees
Honey & Bees

This shop was closed, which was probably a good thing. I don't think I could have faced the disappointment if the place wasn't just swarming with bees, and the shopkeeper running around, covered in them, and screaming "AAAAGGHH! I'M COVERED IN F****ING BEES!" Except in Arabic.


14th September 2007

Hey, Good shots! Even with no water! BTW for someone living in Dubai, is passposrt necessary to go to Hatta?
16th September 2007

Thanks Yathi.
If you are heading across to Hatta it is a good idea to have your passport with you, just in case, but if you are absolutely certain you will not be crossing the UAE/Oman border than it is not needed. Alan.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb