Kidak Kadak!!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Al Ain » Jebel Hafeet
October 12th 2007
Published: October 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Camp NowhereCamp NowhereCamp Nowhere

Wind buffet was the least here so...
Ya, thats a new word Kavita came up with when she heard some noise from the backpack she was carrying up the hill two nights ago. We are still trying to place what the sound was!

Went for a overnighter to Jebel Hafeet for some barbecued chicken, rough sleeping in tents and awesome morinng views. Missed tea big time though since the fire was a lil' bit on the dying side due to winds. Went star spotting, fire gazing, rock-top contemplating, fossil hunting, climbing (falling sometimes 😊 hey gravity works there too!) The hot springs were closed so no dip in the allegedly healing waters of Green Mubazzara. To kill time we had to hit Al Ain zoo which was a big mistake. Well maintained but almost all the animals were in a sad state. Especially the Gorilla, which was so frustrated by the very look on its face. The lion was growling for food and the Chimps were wailing to be let inside the shaded areas. I hate to imagine what would be the scenario in Dubai zoo. The episode completely put me off and I just wanted to get the hell out of there. We did see the penguins and that was ok. Would have been better if it was a lil more colder for those happy feet. Anyways........


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Fault line??Fault line??
Fault line??

Any thoughts?
From the mallu chai shop.From the mallu chai shop.
From the mallu chai shop.

We had to make our ouw tea's and pay for it too!
Kaushal and Kavita.Kaushal and Kavita.
Kaushal and Kavita.

Even their names match as well as they do.


13th October 2007

Wicked!!
Well presented ...and I still cant belive i have been part of this

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 99; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb