Day Seventeen - The Creatures arrive!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 19th 2010
Published: September 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Abdullah - L'il Devil but a cutie!Abdullah - L'il Devil but a cutie!Abdullah - L'il Devil but a cutie!

Not wearing school uniform yet
Good Morning Canada!

Today we got to meet the Lil 'creatures' finally...well most of them anyway. 12 of the approx. 19 registered students, trickled in between 7:30 - 10 a.m., and they were all gone by 11 a.m.......very short days this week. A few tears, but overall a very brave bunch.

The bus system was chaotic! The parents are supposed to be at the school to ride the bus home with the students each day this week until they (and the bus drivers) get used to it. If a parent was not present, they were not allowed to ride on the bus and the parents of those remaining, had to be called to come and pick them up.....bazaar! Two were left from my class 1. Abdullha, and 2. Latifa (whose English is AMAZING for 5 years old),,,see their pics......soooooo cute!! As you can see by the smirk, Abdullah is a little devil, but can be easily calmed with the 'evil eye'...lol....not a bad observation after 2 hours eh? I plan on taking some pics of the whole group tomorrow, since more will arrive. They are adorable, kids are kids no matter where you are in this great big world.
Latifa - So smart and sweet!Latifa - So smart and sweet!Latifa - So smart and sweet!

Wearing her Uniform (pink for girls , blue for boys...no gender specifics here...lol).
Kinda reminds me of the Disney World attraction "It's a Small World Afterall"...how true...and a wee bit corny....sorry my 'teacherness' overwhelms me at times...lol.

After work Sandra (co-worker in pic from Ladies Night) and I took a cab ride to 'The Teachers Place' to gather a few more supplies for the classroom. Not a bad store, but kinda $$$$$. Got a few good items. Purchased a cool song book with 2 CD's inside, since music is the best universal language ever.

**Note to self: need to get a car fast, the cabbies are clueless here.

Back in my room now.......going to bed soon! This getting up at 5 a.m. is tough without a run to wake ya up.

Luv to all...stay tuned!...xo





Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb