100K


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
December 20th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I checked my stats on this blog yesterday and at that point I had got 99,999 hits. WTF? I know that is not much in the big scheme of things blog wise, but it means that is still 5000 hits per month. I don't know if it is the same people looking several times or if it actually gets read, but even if only 1 in 5 is a genuine read, that is still 1000 people.

I reply to every message I get sent - admittedly, it's only usually 10 to 20 per month, but surprisingly I have not had one single message asking me to help get $10,000,000 out of Nigeria, offer of penis enlarging pills, Viagra, or invitations from "hot singles in my area", yet my inbox at work is constantly full of that crap despite the company firewall.

I can only assume that the readers of this blog are intellectually superior, well, apart from the anonymous French bloke who often writes to chide me about my stance on CO2 emissions. As soon as he understands that the Earth's atmosphere is about 375ppm CO2, and not 30% I will enter into a debate. I tried explaining that if the atmosphere was contained in a million massive wheelie bins, then 375 of them would be full of CO2. If the atmosphere was 30% CO2 (300,000 wheelie bins) then we would all be dead.

I realise this concept of visualising the troposphere , stratosphere, mesosphere, ionosphere, exosphere and the magnetosphere as a series of transportable refuse containers might be a tad simplistic, but we are talking to someone who was educated in a country where they thought the Germans would rather attack a heavily fortified and armed line in mountainous terrain than simply drive through Belgium and Holland, stopping only to fill up the half track with cheap fuel, grab a croissant and a coffee and perhaps have a wee.

Advertisement



20th June 2008

Brilliant - esp the french guy !!!
Hi Allan Long time, well i hope all is well will email with the news from SA and Nigeria cheers - glynn

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb