Game Night


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean
May 13th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Game Night 47 secs
2: Celebration - Van 133 secs
CouchesCouchesCouches

Couches moved out to make room for white chairs - Game day... Oh yea!
So last night was the "Super bowl" here in Turkey. Granted it was really soccer - no one scored an actual goal and the Budweiser frogs were noticeably absent. Regardless, it was a major event. The people sing, yell - smoke too much while watching and then after such a victory the city comes alive with the sounds of honking, yelling, singing and frightened cats darting out of the way! We were crowded into "the Oasis" which is a restaurant here near our house. They removed the couches and placed 400 white plastic chairs to accommodate the crowds. The game itself was brutal – many injuries and the fans set fire to the stadium twice. I’m assuming that they must be used to this sort of thing because no one panicked. They just put it out I guess and kept playing! After we left the game we found a small bar called the Caberet and listened to some local music. It sounded like Tejano music – something I could dance to. I had the worst glass of wine ever – move over French wine. We stayed for a drink and then left to find another bar – which we never did find. What we did see was exciting! The celebration here went on until after midnight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb