Fethiye


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean
October 6th 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Fethiye, although I use the term 'in' loosely. We got the bus from Pamakkule which took 4 hours to reach Fethiye. It was a nice route if a little long and winding but the views from the mountain roads were great. Locals kept hopping on and off. As far as I can tell, they don't seem to use bus stops in Turkey. You just stand at the side of the road and wave your hand at a bus that takes your fancy. The buses seem very accommodating and toot their horn at anyone who looks like they might want a ride. Although I was surprised at where people got on, it was more surprising where people got off - often ın the middle of nowhere! Even more surprising was on a very quiet winding mountain road, where we hadn't seen life in an hour, we suddenly pulled over into a layby of sorts where an old couple were sitting by a stove of boiling water. An elderly lady on our bus got off and bought a corn-on-the cob from them, which she ate an then we pressed on. Surely there can't be much passing trade! Once we got the Fethiye, we got a taxi to our hotel - Hillside Beach Club which is a world of its own really. Once inside the resort, there is no need to leave and you could be anywhere! It's very nice with a good pool, it's own beach and various sports and entertainments. Time to relax after all the travel and exploring!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb