Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
September 25th 2011
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well,it's 3:30am, and obviously jet lag has caught up with me a little. Luckily, we arrived in the early evening, sowe weren’t forced to try to stay awake for an entire extra day. So far, the backpacking idea has been easierthan dragging luggage around, but we are having trouble getting any extras tofit. I loaded up with a book and 2 bagsof candy at the airport, so there goes all of my extra space. I believe that will be the most trying partof the trip…. At least for now. We didn't have any trouble finding the hostel, and we were the only ones booked inour 6 person dorm. It has been nice to<br style="color:� font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 15px;" />be able to have our own room, but we are planning on moving to another hostelwith phenomenal terrace views of the sea and the blue mosque when wereturn. For the evening, we took astroll around sultanahmet to see the haggia Sophia and the blue mosque. The next morning, we woke up to the call to prayer,listened while we stretched, and then took off for our run along the bosphorus and around sultanahmet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb