Selcuk


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
September 27th 2011
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We took a one hour flight down to Izmir, caught atrain to selcuk just in time, and arrived at our hostel just before dark. In the morning we had breakfast at the hostel before takinga minibus out to the ruins at Ephesus. Theruins were pretty impressive, especially the Library, but I was a littledisappointed that they had done a lot of filling in with concrete. Some parts of the amphitheater were entirelymade out of concrete that they did not even attempt to make look like it was apart of the ruins. I seem to becomplaining a lot, but really they were great. Just the library was well worth the trip. After touring the ruins, we caught anotherminibus to pamucak beach, which was just a few miles away. We had the beach mostly to ourselves, withjust a few other people within sight. Then we picked up our bags, and we were off againto Pamukkale. After a 2 ½ hr bus ridethat turned into a 4hr ride, we arrived, had dinner and checked out thebeautiful travertine cliffs before bed. We also had our first real Turkish dinner, which left us needingsomething to get the taste out of our mouths. Mom had a kebab wrap and I had a falafel wrap. It was okay, but I had trouble choking thewhole thing down. So, we went in searchof something sweet afterward and found some cookies and chocolate at themarket. Thank goodness for sweets. They never taste bad. Our lunch yesterday consisted of fudge,cookies and baklava… can’t go wrong withthat. 3rd night, still noroommates! We’re lucky so far!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb