Gunga-Happy Turkey Day(s)


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Sultanahmet
November 24th 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post











Things I will remember most: The call to prayers from mosques surrounding our hotels and pretty much any place you are in the city; men washing outside the mosques before going in to pray; the old woman selling bird seed to feed the pigeons outside the 'new' mosque near the Spice Bazaar; the school children at the Dolmanache Palace; the chocolate pudding at Saray; the rice pudding at 'Saray'; view from the roof top terrace at night at Doy Doy restaurant; the kindnesses of all the staff at our hotel( www.stonehotelistanbul.com); the massiveness of the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia; the fun of riding the tram; the bread, the bread, the bread!; the fishermen lined up along the Galata and Ataturk Bridges; the view from the Pierre Loti cafe'; the submarine, flying the Turkish flag, that zipped by our boat ( it was above water) on Nov. 10; the 4 ton crystal chandelier in the palace; the people who all said 'welcome' to us especially when they found out we were from the USA.

Next trip- don't know yet but hope it is soon! thanks to all of you that have left a comment or sent me an e-mail telling me that you have enjoyed the blogs. I love doing them and hope, especially for those of you not able or not so inclined to travel, that it helps to give you a glimpse of some other cultures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb