Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Cengkerkoy
September 14th 2011
Published: September 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Istanbul at about 1:30 and headed to our hotel. Unfortunately I got the directions wrong so we just caught a cab which wasn’t too expensive. We arrived at our hotel and got checked in and Dad got a separate room because he didn’t want to make us sick. I think this man should win father of the year award! We wandered around the streets of Istanbul for a few hours and got some Maccas for lunch before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We then went out to a restaurant Dad had seen earlier that day and it was a bloody good pick. The food was good and so was the service. We then went back to the hotel and Sarah and I booked the final leg of our trip so that we wouldn’t have to worry about it.

The next morning I awoke not wanting to admit that it was Thursday. Thursday meant it was the day we fly to Paris to visit Disney land but also the day that Dad flies back to Australia. We all got a cab to the metro station and caught train to the airport. We had a coffee but then it was time to say goodbye. It was a bit emotional but it was the greatest to actually get to see him. So with that, we went through customs and went through to our gate and eventually boarded our plane to Paris.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb