Armenian Genocide


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Kayseri
February 7th 2014
Published: February 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The person I decided to write the reflection on was Anne Smith. She had relatives who were survivors of the Armenian genocide. She had an aunt who was eight years old when the march began. Her family was forced out of their village, Ovajic. Her aunt was sold to an Arab family in order to keep her alone. One of her sisters, however, was attacked by one of the Turkish soldiers. Her unwillingness cause for both of her eyes to get gouged out with a sword by the Turks in front of the family. The family was not allowed to help her in anyway and were forced to leave her and ordered to keep marching.

Her aunt, who was sold to the Arab family, was finally located by Anne's father after the war ended. Anne’s father had been drafted into the Turkish Navy during the time, and he was allowed to look for any missing relatives. Fortunately he found her sister in the last village he was going to search because he was hopeless. She was unrecognizable because she had been tattooed on the face and was 4 years older. Anne ' father had a picture of her with him and sent it with a family member (Arab) to show her. She immediately recognized him, however, she had to convince him that she was his sister.

In memory of the aunt who got her eyes gouged out, Anne’s sister, Takouhie, was named after her.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb