Cappadocia and Istanbul!


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
March 31st 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tori!Tori!Tori!

aww we miss him!
Cappadocia and Istanbul!

Cappadocia!
This was such a cool area! there are actually volcanic rocks that form all these cones around the valleies, and people discovered that you could actually carve these out and live in them! We spent a day sleeping and eating after our night bus, and getting to know Tori, a guy we met on the bus and was in the same room as us. The second day we went on a tour to see different valleys around the area and to see churches and an underground city! so cool! we also went to a turkish night which was all you can eat and all you can drink (bad news) with some traditional dancing and music, the three of us had a tun of fun! The next day I (Jennie) couldn't move far from our hostel, so EM and Tori went on a hike to see some other valleys! Or as the Turkish pronouce: Walleys... hehe it took a while to figure that out! Next we took a night bus to Istanbul for our first Couch surfing experience!

Istanbul!
This area was so amazing for us to visit. This was the first time we stayed with couch surfers, and had such a great time with them. There was so much to see in Istanbul and we were there for about 3 or 4 nights with the couch surfers. We went to visit the beautiful Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Underground Cistern, Grand Bazaar and went out to the islands. We had a lot of time to spend with Rabis and Cagri, they took us to see Taxim and showed us around the area they lived. We met all their friends and went for a visit to the highschool that Rabis worked at.




Additional photos below
Photos: 117, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Me in the churchMe in the church
Me in the church

it's carved out of the rock!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb