Coming home - through Jordan


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan
July 27th 2007
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Delhi was nice. I rented myself a car for a few hours (ok, a taxi, to drive me to posh district where the embassies are) - 350Rs, however, my lunch in this posh safe-haven can be expensive... but hey, still cheap...

Flight towards Jordan was in early hours, so no partying and big farewelling from Delhi. Don't know why the flight has to leave so early, but i got to get up at 2:30 am. As Delhi was still sleaping, the airport was like a huge ant town, bustling with activity...

First impression of Jordan... VERY HOT and this is different heat to the one in India, as it is also very dry. Maybe thats why, its easier to survive here with the heat of 40C+. As the flight to Europe is only next day, we got a free night in hotel with Royal Jordanian. In any case, I could have stayed in the hotel all time and not even go out. It wasn't truelly good nor luxurious hotel as it purposed was overnight stay for transfer guests, but it had pool... and that was good 😊 Rather i went out, to do a short trip. I wanted to go to Petra, but it was just too far away. So, visit to a nearby Amman and Dead sea...

Our guide was exceptional. He was a great driver, but knew almost nothing about Amman 😊 City looks interesting, and beside some old stuff also very modern, clean and in order, at least when comparing to some other middle-eastern cities... Truth is, that due to high temperatures nobody was too keen to walk around the city.

Therefore the next focus point was Dead sea, lowest altitude on the world. Apparatenly 420 meters below sea level. Actually its interesting. Not even a week ago i was more than 4km higher!!! Still, from Amman we needed to go down more than 1000 altitude meters to get to the Dead Sea. And if it was hot in Amman, in was here like in finnish sauna, hot hot hot... And sea is also very warm. And it doesn't taste salty. Swimming is not really swimming. More like lying or turning in the water. In any case, i liked it. The biggest problem was heat, due to which it really felt like sauna, even when in water...

Locals were cleverer than us. They only came later, at around sunset, when the heat goes down a bit. They know why...

So, this is it... the end of my trip to India. Whats left is a flight to Vienna and a few hours driving in a van towards Slovenia... 😊 Until next time...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb