Wadi Rum


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Wadi Rum
January 1st 2009
Published: January 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Crazy Driving 26 secs
The trip to Jordan's famous Wadi Rum was split into two parts due to the modifications for the Xmas New Years edition of the the tour. Normally the wake up call for the Ferry to Jordan from Egypt is 4:00am, being New Years Day, a generous 9:30am was given - phew.

We arrived at night and settled down for a Bedouin buffet dinner and entertainment. The dinner was awesome awesome and more awesome. After Egyptian food and minor belly aches for a week it was a relief to consume as much of the delicious salad and succulent lamb as possible without consequence. The bedouins entertained us with songs, some games and some dancing, but being New Years Day, 10pm was bed time. It was generally cold in the main tent, and this continued overnight in the personal tents, Sinai flashbacks persisted but the bonus of paying singles supplement meant I was lucky enough to have some extra blankets.

The second part of the Wadi Rum visit occurred after a couple of days at Petra. The bedouins took the tourist for some general 4x4 driving to various points in the Wadi Rum. Those who wanted “crazy” drivers elected so at the beginning and got returned some fun 4x4 action driving. We stopped at an arch/overhanging rock, a sand dune and camel breading area to allow us to take in the surrounding scenery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



13th January 2009

love the vid
you should do more!

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb