Aqaba and the Red Sea Jordan


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Aqaba
October 13th 2012
Published: November 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday and Saturday - Aqaba and the Red Sea Jordan

After our day at Little Petra and Wadi Rum Desert, next we head to Aqaba and the Red Sea. The area is quite busy as we are arriving on their weekend and because it is a duty free area a lot of people come down from Amman and other parts of Jordan for the weekends which are Friday and Saturday.

As I spot the Red Sea I say a little prayer for a friend who had always wanted to dive in this Sea and didn't reach her goal. We arrived at an incredible, beautiful resort right on the Red Sea…We quickly changed and headed for the beach. We made it into the waters of the Red Sea 10 minutes before sunset and Sian was able to get some pictures of the sunset. It was awesome and so refreshing. We can see Egypt across the water. We went and found a place to have a drink poolside and were fed enough goodies with our drinks that neither one of us were up for dinner.

The resort ...in a word...gorgeous. We are only 5km from the Saudi Arabia border. Everyone we come in contact with in this country are very helpful and kind.

Saturday morning. We had until noon so headed to the pools as we don't have to check out until 1:00 p.m. They were very cold and very refreshing. We hung out in an infinity pool looking out over the Red Sea. Very beautiful resort. The beaches have red and green flags for warnings for swimmers and several roped off areas. We were told this was for currents.

This is a very short visit to the Red Sea and we have no time to check out Aqaba. We need another day or two here but we are so out of time and Khaled, our driver picked us up to drive us back to Amman and to the airport. As always a very entertaining drive that took about 4 hours. We arrived at the airport and sadly said our goodbyes. One of their people assisted us through the security and up to the check in counter for our flight. Both of us are a bit apprehensive as we have had the most wonderful time in Jordan and could have stayed longer. At the duty free, I bought a very inexpensive canvas bag for about $7.00 to be our third suitcase to check in when the need arises which I'm sure must be soon. If more time allowed we would have stayed at least another additonal night in each place we had stayed in Jordan. More to see in this beautiful country. We now say goodbye to Jordan and head to Egypt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb