Amman -The end!


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Amman
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived in Amman after leaving Petra and an exciting time there. Take a lot to top that day!
On our way we went to a Crusader castle Shoback (http://www.atlastours.net/jordan/shobak.html) which they are restoring but a lot is still very original including the catapault stones which they used to fight the enemy. Sitting on top of a hill they had 360deg all round. From there we headed to Madaba and visited St George Church which has the mosaic map of the Holy land which dates back to 6th century ; http://198.62.75.1/www1/ofm/mad/index.html
The mosaic in this town is beautiful. Would have bought a table but the pricing was too much. & Free shipping!! We went to a disability factory where they explained the mosaic process. Very patient people that just sit there and work in this heat. We persuaded Ammar to take us to his house so that we could see how Jordanian people live. Very simple, large room apartment. His two sons were home and they were glad to see theri Dad, as he had been on the road with us for a few days.
After that Ammar our tour leader took us to our hotel where we freshened up and went out at 8.45 to a restaurant with the other leader Azziz. It was a Moroccon feel and incredible food. I had my fortune told and she was pretty spot on whcih is scary!! A few others had theirs told and they too said she was good!!
Next day we went to Jerash which is a HUGE site http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/tourism3.html - look at this site it is fantrastic. From there we went to the Dead Sea Spa Resort where we had a lovely lunch in the Resort and then went down to the beach and swam in the Dead Sea where I didn't drown!!!!!! It is a funny feeling to have both feet and hands out of the water while you float !! Covered ourselves in Deads Sea mud which leaves your skin so smooth.. This sea is -400 metres below sea level! As we were going down the dill in the bus a lot of the water bottles started to contract! Had a great day there. It had been 49 deg a few days before but only that the ground was hot it didn't feel like it was that hot.
That night wwe all went down the street for our final dinner together as a lot were going to be leaving at all different times. There are 6 of us left until tomorrow now. Feels so strange after being a part of a fabulous group for 15 days!. We figure we may do South America together as we all enjoyed this trip and everyones company . Heading to Bangkok tomorrow night for 4 days then home on the 16th!!
Have had a fantastic time... very rewarding and fulfilling..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb