Petra


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » East
July 12th 2022
Published: July 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

And yet another early start, after packing up and having breakfast we boarded the jeeps taking us through Wadi Rum to board our coach to take us to Petra.
Checked into hotel, quite a change from last 2 nights, luxury, dumped our bags and then headed to Petra to see one of the wonders of the world.
Lots and lots of history here, you were offered a horse ride on entering but we were advised against it for health and safety reasons.
Very very busy with tourist which was strange after spending the last 2 nights in the desert. The first main site we seen was The Treasury, amazing and probably the most popular as features in quite a lot of movies (Indiana jones) also Carl Pilkington (idiot abroad) done an episode here so was good to finally see it, was spectacular and well worth seeing. We then walked around to many more sites, The Theatre, Royal Tomb, Ad Dier and the church, all absolutely amazing and well worth visiting, did get badgered quite a lot to go on camel rides or buy souvenirs but it’s only what you expect at large tourist attractions like this.
Evening was spent with group having lovely meal in local restaurant.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb