A night in Tel Aviv


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had spent most of the day walking through Jerusalem. I had a sprain and had ignored it through the three days now.

Now being pretty tired the pain seemed to be amplified

It took us about an hour by bus to get from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv. It was about 7pm when we got to the Central bus station.

Our flight was at 6am the next morning. The trip being short enough we had decided to see a bit more of Tel Aviv and head directly to the airport rather than check into a hostel.

But first things first. Find a pub and gulp down some Goldstars.

Being in Czech company you can imagine how important a pub is. We must have walked almost 5 kms to find some resemblance of a pub. But all we saw were pizzerias and coffee houses and of course the usual junk food holes.

We finally had to settle for an Irish pub by the Sheraton hotel. Left with no option we decided to settle for a Guinness

It was just 10pm now and we had a good 4 hours to go before we'd head to the airport.

Being quite close to the beach we walked by the Marina before heading for some dinner.

Dinner was a shewarma but nothing quite close to what i'd had in Jerusalem. Tel Aviv... hmm!!

Having quite a lot of time to kill we decided to walk to the Old Jaffa port.

Old Jaffa is beautiful by night and you have a great view of new Tel Aviv from there. There were a couple of guys taking snaps and dancing around. It was pretty hilarious!

I picked a bench, knocked off my shoes and sunk in. It was great to finally get my backpack off and relax.

An hour passed easily out here and it was time to start heading to the airport.

I wish i had more time in this city. I doubt there was too much more to see but none the less it was just nice.

We hailed a cab and were on our way. Security checks were not as bad as i've heard or read about. I guess its over hyped

We were on our way.. I hope to return to Israel for a longer stay soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb