Baha'i Religion


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Haifa District » Haifa
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Baha’I faith is one of the youngest major world religions. It was founded in Iran in the 19th century by a guy named Bahaullah also known as “The Bab.” Iran was mainly a Muslim country, but Bab brought new perspectives of life and had many predictions. He predicted the arriving of God, Moses, Muhammad, and Jesus. Baha’is don’t believe there is an exact reason and way the earth was formed. They only know the world and earth came to being and Bab is their savior. The god of Bahal faith is Bahaullah. He is looked as to be the messiah and messenger of God, like how Jesus is the messiah to Christians. A belief/(moral code) Baha’is must follow is that they must love everyone. They have to believe everyone should work together to save humanity. Baha’is are not judgmental people and are very easy going. Their morals are similar to the morals of Monks. Baha’is must respect every religion and put in account other religions as a factor. One tradition Baha’is have is a 19 day feast. At the start of every Baha’I month, Bahai’s must meet at a Baha’I follower’s house to share a feast from sunrise to sunset. Baha’is also must always attend daily prayers, recite prayers for the dead/ at funerals, and they must obey marriage rules. Right now, there are 6 million Baha’is that are in the world, in 235 countries, and 6,000 live in Britain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb