Stockholm Day 2 (coffee and beer)


Advertisement
Europe
April 17th 2015
Published: April 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning with surprisingly little jet-lag - we have adjusted to being 8 hours ahead pretty well! After a good breakfast at the hotel, we headed out (in the rain) to a place called Saluhall, which is a big indoor market that had lots of yummy looking food (like the market we went to in Ireland). We then headed over to the Vasa museum, which was pretty awesome! The Vasa is a Viking ship that sank on its maiden voyage in 1628 and was pulled from the harbor in Stockholm in the 1960s. It has been undergoing restoration ever since! It was a very cool museum. All of the work that has gone into preserving it is amazing! After the Vasa museum we walked back over to Gamla Stan for lunch at Max Burger, which is the most famous burger joint in Scandinavia. We thought the burgers were ok... After lunch we headed to the Nobel Museum, which was a small museum on the history of the Nobel Prize. After the museum, we stopped for a quick Fika (the Swedish word for afternoon coffee) at a little cafe. We decided to walk around and do a bit of shopping, but we didn't find much, so we ended up at the Bishop's Arm for a couple of beers. So far we have been doing well finding Swedish craft beer! We stopped by the hotel for a little bit (and had another mystery drink - but the mystery was solved, the drink was port wine!) and then went out to dinner at Akkarat - another gastropub. Dinner was delicious! We are now back at the hotel to grab a little sleep before we wake up early and head off to Norway! We have a long drive ahead of us tomorrow! Next blog post will be from Preikestolen, Norway!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



18th April 2015

The Viking ship looks pretty cool! Looks like it's cold there? Loving the blog:)

Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb