Heat wave en Paris


Advertisement
Europe
July 19th 2006
Published: July 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well; here we are in Paris and boy has it been HOT. we've been staying with my (Robyn's) father's cousin in Paris, which has been absolutely wonderful. They have four very active children who we are enjoying getting to know. its great to feel like part of a family and to have a home away from home.

Yesterday we had our packs with us - and it was incredibly hot - so we opted for a bus tour in stead of our usual attempt to walk absolutely everywhere. We enjoyed a full tour of the city - Notre Dame, bastille, champs elysees and a stadium covered in grass....oooooo....aaaaa the bus ticke t allozed us to get on and off the bus when every we wanted so we bought a two day pass and just rode around with our heavy packs: today, we used the line to take us to the places we wanted to visit. This ,orning we climbed all the way to the top of the Eiffel tower. well...we climbed to the second level and then took the elevator because we had no choice. in total we had 700 steps. one exciting adventure today involved an out of control misting machine that sprayed us with water while we waited in line...Hilary wondered why she bothered to shower in the morning. After enjoying the view we headed off to the Louvre for the afternoon. We saw the mona lisa and other famous works including; the raft of the medusa and the one with napoleon crowning himself ( sorry dad, i know i'm supposed to know its name). I especially enjoyed the Egyptian collection. Hilary enjoyed the paintings...suprise surprise.
today was one of many VERY hot days we've had. At 10 when Jonathan dropped us off it was 28 degrees according to his car. Hydration has become a duty and a bit of a game as we try to balance good priced water with how much to carry and avoiding heat stroke. So far so good.
Tomorrow we say goodbye to Jonathan et famille and head off to Brussels for a day. Paris has been lovely despite its heat and both hilary and i agree that it is indeed quite grand. So we're off to bed; good night and take care.
ps french key boards are seriously different, its very hard to type!

Advertisement



19th July 2006

Art and History
We're glad you enjoyed Paris. I knew history lessons would help if you every toured Europe. I should have taught spelling as well. Sure, blame it on the keyboard. Keep blogging ! We'll keep praying.
20th July 2006

Hooray!
I knew Jonathan would be cool! Keep having a great time, you guys! Thinking of you in Halifax...

Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb