BONN jour


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Bonn
July 24th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well hello from the middle of nowhere Germany. after three days in amsterdam we arrived here this afternoon. Amsterdam's canals, and beautiful boats were only outdone by the traffic mayham that was crossing the street. It was people lane, bike lane, car lane, tram lane, car lane bike lane and people lane. with islands between each. basically it seems that bikes have the rightof way....or maybe its the trams. we're still not sure. we saw the Van Gogh museum which was GREAT and also enjoyed an excellent canal tour. Our hostel was great. clean, safe, a great breakfast and beside a big park of Bohemians. Hilary has met a beautiful tall dutch boy and decided to stay with him in the netherlands. had i not pushed her infront of his bike, i would still have a travelling companion.
Bonn is nice. a little random. not much here really.....Beethoven anyone? well,tomorrow we're going to look for a castle because otherwise hilary will actually die. no really, she will. she told me so...like 30 times today. anyway, we're enjoying another great hostel and hoping the breakfast is as plentiful as it was in amsterdam. Rhine cruise on wednesday hopefully. AND the weather is almost cool!!!
we'll write again soon.
oh, and brussels totally smelt like chocolate the whole time!

Advertisement



28th July 2006

tall dutch people
Hey guys! Glad to hear you're enjoying canals, chocolate, and future castles. I hope the heat is wearing off somewhat. I'm interested to know...which country has the tallest people? All my Dutch friends tell me it's Holland. What's your observation?

Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb