Roaming in Rome


Advertisement
Europe
January 3rd 2012
Published: January 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

TCBn - Taking Care of Business in Rome the Miller Worden way....

Terenchal downpour throughout the night we woke up to grey but dry sky's. Breakfast at our hotels rooftop deck with a 360 degree view of the city was a spectacular way to start the morning. Having the whole day to roam in Rome we decided to take the double decker tour bus around the city. Yep super tourist.. On the top deck taking-photos as we saw all of the main sites in Rome. Piazza Barberini - check, San Maria Maggiore - check, S Pierto in Vincoli - check, colosseum- check, Roseto Comunale Massimo - check, Teatro do Marcello - check, Jewish Getto - check, isola Tiberina - check, pizza Navonna - check, Pizza Augusto - check, Vatican - check, Spagna -check, Villa Borghese - check, pizza del Popola - check. All in one day - got to love it! Only thing missing were my shoes. Maybe tomorrow...

We now have a two day pass on the tour bus and can get on and off at any of the above stops to further explore. Great cost savings to a taxi. Super deal with upper level open air scenic view. We may just bring a bottle of wine and cruse in circles taking in the sites again.

All in all a good day. Little glimps of the sun and no rain. While it is cold it is much warmer in Rome than in Venice or Milan.

Tonight as we walked our way back to the hotel at dusk it was a breathe taking site as we watched the sun set on the Spanish stairs (Spagna) and the moonlight in the backdrop of the Vatican silhouette as the Vatican City lights turned on. Unfortunatly the photos we took do not do it justice.

Tomorrow we kick off the day with our tour of the Vatican.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb