Packing begins...


Advertisement
Europe
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Flew back from Geneva today... wonderful sunny weather all week, loads of delicious French cheese and wine/champagne from the local Chateau and quality time with my best friend, Connie and her family (and dogs and cats). Beautiful scenery, stayed in Jussy, half an hour or so from the city, hundreds of huge sunflowers in the fields. Cycling out there is the best.
We bought mussels and cooked them in lots of white wine and garlic that evening. mmmmmmmm (not so good for the girls sat next to me on the plane)

Very nearly missed the plane..we got stuck in terrible traffic... never seen so many traffic lights that just seem to be red all the time.. would have been quicker cycling. Arrghghghghhhhhhh And for once Easyjet weren't delayed !!! Got to the gate as they were boarding... thank God Security didn't stop me. Great flight and always a bonus to gain an hour back.

Luton was sunny despite all the bad weather over here. Finally got back after a coach ride then a bus then a walk up my very big hill in the heat!! Only exercise for the day so better than nothing after eating all that French food/wine.

Unpacked and now re-packing for Cambodia/Vietnam !! I need to travel LIGHT as backpack is not that big.. Minimal clothing and think half of my bag will be full of books/toys for the kids, and insect repellent/malaria tablets, travel books, map etc etc. the list is endless.

Bon nuit or should I say 'reahtrey suor sdei' - no idea how the Cambodians pronounce that !!!

Advertisement



18th September 2011

Can\'t wait to hear about your adventures.....especially, the deep-fried spiders aand snake wine!!!! Be Safe....
19th September 2011

Miss you
Hon, you\'re going to have the most amazing experience and I can\'t wait to read it all on your blog! Keep safe and keep us posted xxx
28th September 2011

Hey Nayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Well I have been here 10 days and have only just managed to update the blog, although have been updating bits and bobs on f/b!! Hopefully I will write this more as I am at the orphanage after travelling around a bit.and keep it up-to-date when in Vietnam for the last leg of the trip. Hope you are well - keep in touch Son xxxx

Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb