Day 26 - Nice to Chateau de Fontager


Advertisement
Europe
August 22nd 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a long driving day. We left the hotel at 9:00am for our short drive to Grasse to the Fragonard Perfumery. Here we were taken thought the process of creating new perfumes, and how they are made and the differences between them. It was really good. We got to see them packaging and making soaps and stuff aswell. At the end the tour guide lady ran through a range of their perfumes and we could buy them at discounted prices. I bought 3.
After we drove for ages, stopping at one place on the way for lunch. Eventually we got to the hotel at about 5:00pm so we had about an hour or so in the pool before dinner.
The Chateau was amazing. Absolutely stunning and we had big rooms, Marys and mine had two double beds, until this point they had been two singles. We were in the pool for about an hour before drying ourselves off and heading in for dinner.
Dinner was interesting. We had an entree of Pate (chicken liver) on bread, main was chicken and rice and desert was some sort of berry icecream. Mary and I managed to polish off a bottle of wine as did quite a few others on the table. After some laughs we headed back to the pool. Everyone was drinking having a good time. It was nice to see everyone being able to relax and chat abit more as usually we are on the go we hadly get time to.
The pool was supposed to close at 10:00pm but they left the lights on til probably 11:30pm which didnt faze anyone, we still stayed in there without lights, then the ladies came down at just after midnight and kicked us out so we moved to the pergolad area and had some more drinks. After some good conversations I decided it was time for bed, that was probably about 1:00am.
Trust contiki to be able to party it up in the middle of no where. Good Times.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb