Day 25 - Nice


Advertisement
Europe
August 21st 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up late today after last night/morning. We had a free day in Nice so Mary and I left the hotel at about 11:45am and walked down to the beach. We stopped at a supermarket on the way for something to eat.
We got to the beach just before 1:00pm where we got ourselves a banana lounge bed thing for 14euro and a towel. We spent the rest of the afternoon here. I stayed in the sun with the Canadians, the Americans and a few Aussies. Mary stayed up in the shade.
I had some lunch at the cafe at the beach with Rob and Reid (Toronto) and Holly (Aus), I had Chicken Tandoori Salad and it was soooo good.
We spent abit more time on the beach, taking some funny photos then decided it was time to head back to the hotel to get cleaned up and pretty again for another night out.
The group of Melburnians (there are about 12 of us altogether) all headed to a little restaurant called Le Frog for dinner. This is where we would try frogs legs. As I'd had a pretty big late lunch i only had frogs legs and chips. They were actually really nice. Kind of a mix between chicken and fish. Hard to describe but we all liked them.
After dinner we jumped in some cabs to head to the train station to catch the train to Monaco to go to the Monte Carlo Casino. Lucky we got dressed up because otherwise we'd have really stood out. We already did considering we walked there from the station instead of driving up in our BMW/Bentley/Ferrari. We went in though, and we had to check in our cameras (you can't take them in) and jumped on the pokie machines. I put in 10euro and walked away with 22.50euro so i took it and ran. Jimmy (Melb) won about 90euro, Helen (Geelong) won about 40euro and a few of the others had small wins like me, some of the others lost abit. We were only in there about an hour before we decided to leave as there really was nothing left to do. The casino is tiny. It wouldn't even be the size of one room as Crown. Disappointing. We made our way back to the train station to catch the train back with everyone else, made it back there in time for the last train home. We caught cabs from the station back to the hotel and we considered going down the road to the pub, some did but we decided to give it a miss tonight.
Another great night out with fantastic people and good times.

Advertisement



Tot: 3.806s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0255s; 3; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb