Toledo


Advertisement
Europe
July 7th 2011
Published: July 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Toledo: 5 de julio de 2011

On Tuesday we all traveled to Toledo, which is about 2 hours south of Segovia. Our trip was started a half hour late because while 31 out of the 33 of us sat on the bus..2 girls were missing. We all knew who they were. The director of the program called their señora and she woke up them. Thus, they showed up 35minutes late. So the rest of the drive when the director of our program would talk she would mention how we are very behind schedule & need to hurry. Umm..it is not our fault it is the 2 girls who on the first day said they came to party not to study at all. Really?
Fast forward in time: This night our señora told us that she talked to their señora. Their señora told her that they arrived back to the house at 4am! We had to be at the bus stop at 7:45am to leave at 8pm. Ridiculous. She also found 2empty liters of wine in their room.
Back to Toledo--after our 2 hour bus ride we arrived to Toledo. It is a medieval city similar to Segovia. It is all contained and gorgeous. There are many beautiful views plus the whole city reminds me of ALADDIN!!!! Which makes it 100%!b(MISSING)etter :] Since that is my favorite disney movie! The day was very long & hot at 98degrees. Thank goodness they don't have high humidity because we would've been dying! We saw the first cathedral ever built in Spain, which was amazing...besides our 1.5hour tour of a single cathedral. Almost everyone eventually tuned her out because it was hot and so long of a time. We then visited the home of el Greco (which is one room with one painting) and that was kind of a waste of time. our last stop was a synagogue, which was really pretty.
Then we ate the lunches (bocadillas) that our senoras packed for all of us. We all had some interesting combinations of food... enough said. THen 2.5 hours of free time. Plenty of time! We wandered the city & climbed some incredibly steep hillsides for other views.

The time in Toledo was really nice. The drive was long but most of us slept since we did not get a siesta :[

SIDE NOTE: I want to say yes that my grammar at times seems very poor. It is because it is getting more difficult to write in english since I am speaking and writing everything in spanish. Even everything on the IPAD has changed to spanish on all webpages just because I am in Spain...It is easy to, obviously, still speak english.but some of my grammar is a spanglish mix. Also, sometimes I accidentally write in spanish & must go back to change it to english which adds for greater confusion. So, family (especially), don't worry that spain is making me unintelligent..I am just mixing the two languages that are very very different!

Hasta que el proximo,
Em

Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb