14/05 the end of the Scotland tour


Advertisement
Europe
May 14th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday was labelled as castle day. We went to a super market in the morning to buy the days food and saw a few ruined castles, learning that the majority of them were strategically built on high ground or on  century old lava piles. This was quite interesting and great to see. For lunch we were dropped off at a wrecked castle and was told to go have lunch while Leo fuels up the bus, to our surprise the castle was filled with youngsters getting blotto. We found out that it was there last day of school and they had wagged to live it up. They huddled in the rain under a pagola while it poured down and they embraced lee and I saying that we know how to drink because were Aussies.

That evening we stayed in the island of Skye at a hostel named saucy Mary's which had a pool table!!! Anywho it was a blast playing quite a few games with only losing 1 game  because Lee sunk the black ball.

The day after was the theme magic day with learning about faeries, giants, kilts and rainbows. Our tour guide had us do several activities so that the faeries would grant our wish. The first one was climbing a mountain, catching some water from the waterfall in your mouth, then running back down the hill to touch the bus before swallowing it. The water was extermly cold, and you had to put your face the entire way into the water fall to succeed, after that came the tumble down the hill. The second activity was putting your face into a river and keeping it there for seven seconds which would give you everlasting beauty. Wednesday night was spent in fort augusta on the loch ness. 

Thursday we explored loch ness looking for the mysterious creature Nessie, however we couldn't find her. We even tired a calling song, but she didn't want to come out and play. The amazing thing about the loch ness is that it is Scotland's second longest, second widest and second deepest loch, therefore it is their biggest. It is 24miles long, 1 mile wide and very deep (can't remember how deep.) effectively The total amount of water in all of england and wales would not be enough to fill loch ness. They have sent submarine down to look for Nessie, however due to the amount of pleat which runs into the loch, visibility is only 3meters. Sonar readings have identified several large animals 10-12meters long, but no one know what they are.

Thursday night was quiz night and beer pong (there are a lot of canadians on the tour and they are crazy about beer pong!!) it was our last night on tour, so everyone sat up late drinking and partying. 

Friday was the drive home, stopping at a whisky distillery, and a battle field to learn more about the jackbot rebellion. By the time we got back to Edinburgh we were all pretty tired and smelly, so it was a matter of finding our hotel and going to bed. Unfortunately amiralee had booked accommodation very last minute, and in a rush, so we ended up having a 30minute walk with our back packs.

 Today is Saturday and we are currently sitting in a laundry Matt washing our clothes. We fly out to Dublin in 5 hours, where we have two nights rest and then we start another tour which will last for 10 days.

Hope to hear from every one

P.s we are missing our little girl, hope she is going ok

Oo a roo

Advertisement



24th May 2011

Hey hey, I can finally see what ur up to!
Wow, first blog Ive been able to read (finally got the link...) and it sounds like an awesome trip! Liked the bit about the kids in the castle! Bit of a touch of what locally life might b like! Can see all of us doing the same thing at that age but can't say a ruined castle was quite avail! Can't wait to hear more! Man, really gives me the traveling bug again! Good on ya for doing this guys!
25th May 2011

Hello!!!
Sounds like you are having an awesome time. Great to hear. Enjoy!!! :)

Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb