Scotland adventures


Advertisement
Europe
May 10th 2011
Published: May 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow.... It's currently Monday evening, and I have finally found time to sit down and write some more, the only problem is that we have had a none stop weekend so it's hard to remember it all.

Edinburgh is laid back. It has the same atmosphere as San Fran. Our exploration started with a free walking tour around town. 4 hours later and we were still walking. It was the best tour that we have been on so far. The guide was a comedian and has written a book on the history of Scotland. So he knew what he was talking about, and made it very entertaining. 
We spent the  afternoon on a tour of the levels below the streets. It was interesting, but I thought that we would be allowed to go further down and see more.

That night we gathered with all the other back packers and went on yet an other pub crawl. At one of the places they did a jäger bomb train! I think that we might have to bring this tradition back to Oz.

Today was an early start, packing the bags again, and moving on to the next  activity - 5 day tour around Scotland. Our guide is called Leo, he has the ability to talk non-stop. Whatever he thinks he says. Which makes it very entertaining especially when he is the middle of an explanation and stops to make comment on a car, a bike, someones driving, or anything which pops into his mind. It is a matter of trying to piece the bits of stories together, but the entire drive is full of entertaining  commentary. 

Today we drove from Edinburgh to oban, stopping to see the monument for William Wallace. We were going to do more walking, but it was raining and we all kinda wussed out. Our night stay at oban was a great experience with more jager a lovely Scottish dinner and ceilidh dancing. we had no idea what Scottish food would be like with knowing of haggis and thats about it but the food has been beautiful. Ceilidh dancing also was great fun with the dance moves pre explained and then gone through slowly and then gradually doing it ridiculously fast. It reminded us of barn dancing.  In the morning we were defiantly sore.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb