departure day


Advertisement
Europe
March 25th 2011
Published: March 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Typing from heathrow again. Gate on the board now. Flight to delhi boards in a half hour or so. Then a couple of hours in delhi airport before the flight to Kathmandu. Arrive there tomorrow afternoon.

A book lies before me - it's called "higher than an eagle soars" by Stephen Venables. The cover photo (the himalaya at their mistical (sic) finest) is making my mind itch to be at altitude. The introductory passage makes my mind soar.

A sentence begins: "Everything is reduced to this organism". So many fine philosophical works could follow. That is what mountains do to the human mind - reduce it to its true status. I can't wait to feel that small in the presence of the truly high ones.




Advertisement



27th March 2011

The world's gate
Hey Matt... if you wanted to feel that small you could have said something, I'm sure one of us would have come up with something good... ;) I wish you a good and enjoyable time on those parts of the world. Stay warm and reach the sky... See you in May for the Brighton tour and all the wonderful stories from this amazing trip. Ciao amigo, LR.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb