IZMIR TURKEY


Advertisement
Europe
June 19th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey!
After Olypmia we traveled to Izmir, Turkey! WOW! WOW! WOW! It was absolutely amazing!! Once off the Serena we got a taxi and headed to Ephesus and The Virgin Mary’s House. Mary’s House is a church that was constructed on the foundations of the Virgin Mary’s house and where she lived to be 101 years old. It was quite interesting because you could see how she might have lived long ago. Once finished with the church we decided to go by Ephesus and take a few pictures, but honestly it was cool but not that cool and besides we had the rest of Izmir to see. So with our trusty cab driver named Jaffah, nicknamed Jaffar he drove us to the Bazzar of Izmir. On our way he showed us the mosque that he attends. Since Turkey’s culture is basically Middle Eastern their main religion is Muslim and it was a great experience because he took us intohis place of worship and gave us an inside look into his culture. After the mosque we went to the bazzar, and Jaffar took us to where the locals shop and bargain! Mom was quite a stubborn bargainer! In the Turkish culture there is a whole ritual that they follow when it comes to the art of buying and selling goods.
Ciao for now~
Sam

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb