Vienna we made it!


Advertisement
Europe
April 25th 2010
Published: April 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

La PalmaLa PalmaLa Palma

Looking out of the patio
Snapshot: Even after another delay we made our flight once again. We left La Palma and and its bananas just two days ago. Prior to leaving the island, we tried twice to make it to the banana museum. But it was not to be, the place was inexplicaby closed both times. So we left the island, flew to Madrid and then on to Frankfurt-Hahn, a small, two horse town in the middle of nowhere, central Germany, that became home to an international airport after a former NATO airbase there was abandoned. We spent the day eating German breads and sweets, admiring metamorphic rock crops and walking along a forest trail to the next village.
We flew out the following day to Bratislava (capitol of Slovakia, 1 hour,s drive east of Vienna). We are now in Vienna, and happy to post that the food here is unbelivable. (In a good way.) We spent a wonderful day with Mama Polenz, Peter, and sister Irene. Next will be Ethopia.



Banana Index: No fresh banana seen, just banana ice cream, and banana flavored choclate. Banana-colored theme inside Ryan Air airplanes.

Wildlife sightings:0 (Not counting a bunch of Lipizzaner horses at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna, and Michael going after all available food in Vienna.)

Cheetah sightings: 0

Number of chickens crossing the road: 0


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Frankfurt-Hahn BarnFrankfurt-Hahn Barn
Frankfurt-Hahn Barn

Local buildings in a two horse town of Germany
La Palma sightLa Palma sight
La Palma sight

From Pines to Palms
Irene and PeterIrene and Peter
Irene and Peter

Wien (Vienna)


Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb